As a high net-worth individual, you understand the importance of protecting your valuable assets with a Bergen County Jewelry Insurance policy. As standard homeowner policies don’t offer enough protection to secure your expensive items, this tailored policy will give you the peace of mind you deserve. After all, what’s the purpose of a family jewel or heirloom if it’s stolen or lost for good? In addition to protecting your fine jewelry collection, we’re going to take a closer look at how to properly care for these expensive items. Heed the following advice to keep your collection in top condition for years to come.
Know when to remove it.
Certain elements and chemicals can be abrasive to fine jewelry, causing them to lose vibrancy and clarity. Here are some instances to remove your jewelry to keep it looking beautiful:
- Before applying sunscreen
- Before swimming or exercising
- Before going into cold water
- Before gardening or cooking
Care for your heirlooms.
According to Jeweler’s Mutual, consider the following care tips:
- Store your jewelry in a clean, dry place. Keep your pieces in a fabric-lined jewelry case, or in a box with compartments and dividers to prevent pieces from scratching each other. Invest in a safe place to store your jewelry on the go as well.
- Watch for warning signs of vulnerabilities in your jewelry. From symptoms of a loose stone to bracelet, necklace and earring red flags, there are six major signals that your jewelry’s about to break.
- Clean it consistently. For jewelry you wear every day, make an effort to clean it yourself. Pre-made solutions can be purchased or you can make a DIY version with a gentle soap and toothbrush.
About Provident Protection Plus Insurance Agency
At Provident Protection Plus Insurance Agency, we are committed to protecting your affluent items against the broad spectrum of perils you face. We write policies to meet your specific needs and offer higher coverage limits and inclusions than traditional policies. For more information, contact us today at (973) 579-6776.